All Speed Tips
Ask The PC Expert
Subscribe via Email
Subscribe via RSS
Learn To Repair PCs With The Right Course
Buying a Refurbished PC
How to Optimize Droid Razr Battery
How to Resize a Partition
Are you thinking of resizing a memory partition in Windows 7 or Vista? You won't need a third-party partition resizing software. Windows 7 and Vista come with built-in functionality to help you resize or tweak partitions. You can find this feature in the Disk Management section of your computer.
Shrink a Partition
Note, if your partition is 250GB and the size of the available shrink space is about 50GB then you would have to enter the same amount of what you see as the "size of available shrink space in MB" in the "enter the amount of space to shrink in MB" section and then click Shrink.
- To begin, click on the start button -> control panel -> classic view -> administrative tools -> computer management -> disk management
- Right-click on the partition you would like to reduce and select shrink volume from the drop down menu.
- The shrink dialog box opens up. Now, enter the amount of memory space to shrink in MB and click Shrink.
Expand a Partition
You can also extend a partition. The steps below can show you how to extend a partition.
- First, Click on the start button -> control panel -> classic view -> administrative tools -> computer management -> disk management
- Right-click on the partition you want to expand.
- On the drop down menu select extend volume.
- On the dialog that will appear on the screen, you will be able to increase the partition by changing the amount of space in MB.
If you enjoyed this post, please or
Web site and all contents © Copyright ComputerTooSlow.com 2012, All rights reserved.