All Speed Tips
Ask The PC Expert
Subscribe via Email
Subscribe via RSS
Buying a Refurbished PC
How to Optimize Droid Razr Battery
Using Android Apps On Your Windows PC
How to Optimize your Browser Speed
Nobody likes a slow connection. Today's offices and homes are connected to high-speed Internet connections and we are used to that. This is why we go crazy when we bump into a snail speed Internet connection. There are a lot of things we can do to optimize the browsing experience.
To increase the speed of your connection, there are software programs that can tweak and optimize your connection. Software like DSL speed can make your browsing experience better, although not much should be expected from this software. In general, you aren't going to be able to do too much to your actual connection. It will do more good to manually optimize your computer to increase the speed.
Today, graphics is almost everything. Mac Snow Leopard and Windows 7 are what they are today, to a large extend, because they have better graphics quality than their earlier versions. The sad thing is that it takes some time for high-quality graphics to load. Therefore, you can optimize the speed of your browser by turning off your graphics in Internet Explorer. Another thing that helps is changing your power plan to 'High Performance.' You can also optimize speed by increasing the cache.
IE: Turn off Graphics to Improve Speed
Click on Tool -> Internet Options -> on the dialog box click the advanced tab.
Now deselect the following boxes: Enable Automation Image Resizing, Enable Image Toolbar, Play animations in web pages, Play sounds in web pages, play videos in web pages, show image download placeholders, Show pictures, Smart image. Click on Apply.
IE: Increase Cache to Improve Speed
To increase the cache, click on Tool-> Internet Options-> General tab-> in the Browsing history section click Settings->In the Temporary Internet Files box click check for newer versions of stored pages and click the Automatically radio button -> Next, set the disk space to at least 300MB and Click OK.
Internet Explorer Configuration
- To optimize Internet Explorer, from the start menu click on start -> Run-> now type regedit -> look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Microsoft->Windows->Current Version-> Internet Settings.
- Now change the value to 10 (00000010) for MaxConnectionsPerServer and MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server and exit the registry editor
- Restart your Internet Explorer
Note: This Firefox procedure could make your computer more susceptible to threats. So, you probably only want to do this if you are having major slowness issues.
- Type 'about:config' in the address bar of your Firefox browser
- Click enter
- Skip the warning sign and proceed.
- Nowlook for 'network.http.pipelining.maxrequests'. Change the value from 4 to 10.
- Next, right-click the empty space(nglayout.initialpaint.delay) and set the value to zero.
- Restart your browser.
If you enjoyed this post, please or
Web site and all contents © Copyright ComputerTooSlow.com 2012, All rights reserved.