All Speed Tips
Ask The PC Expert
Subscribe via Email
Subscribe via RSS
Learn To Repair PCs With The Right Course
Buying a Refurbished PC
How to Optimize Droid Razr Battery
How to Update the iPod Touch Software
Regularly updating your iPod Touch is very important. Just like any computer, updating the software on which your iPod Touch will not only help patch bugs but will also ensure that you have the latest features and your iPod will continue to run smoothly. Checking for an iPod Touch update is very simple.
Here is how to check for updates using the Settings app:
With the Settings app, you can check for updates, download available updates, and install them on your iPod touch.
1. Tap Settings on the Home screen
2. Tap on General
3. Tap on the Software Update button. The app will now check for an update. If there is an available update, you will know by now. You will need to be connected to the Internet for this to work.
4. Tap on the Download and Install button. It is best to connect your iPod Touch to a power outlet because depending on your Internet connection speed, downloading and installing available updates can take some time. Whatever warning you see, click OK, or carry out any action appropriate to allow for downloading to continue.
5. On the screen, you will see the status of the downloading files. Wait for it to finish downloading.
6. After downloading, simply tap on the Install button or allow the device to sit so that the iPod installs the update after a certain time automatically. Wait until installation is completed. After installation, in most cases, the iPod touch will restart.
There you go. You now have updated iPod Touch software running on your iPod.
Updating iPod Touch with the iTunes
The iTunes software, when set to check for updates automatically, can always come in handy for iPod Touch maintenance. iTunes will check for updates and whenever an update is available, it will remind you the next time you connect your iPod to your computer.
The process is very easy. You may choose to follow the wizard on the screen to install the update or do it manually. Follow the steps below to learn how to do it manually:
Connect the iPod to your computer
Select your iPod on the Source list
Go to the Summary tab.
Tap the Check for Update button. (If you already have a newer version of the software on your computer, simply click on Update to locate the file).
If it indicates an update is available, click the Update button. Follow the onscreen instructions to update your iPod Touch software. After installation, the iPod should automatically restart.
If you enjoyed this post, please or
Web site and all contents © Copyright ComputerTooSlow.com 2012, All rights reserved.