All Speed Tips
Ask The PC Expert
Subscribe via Email
Subscribe via RSS
Buying a Refurbished PC
How to Optimize Droid Razr Battery
Using Android Apps On Your Windows PC
How to Backup Email in Windows Live Mail 2011
Your inbox is likely to contain important email messages, both personal and work-related. It's only natural!
If for any reason, something unexpected happens to your email account and you are not able to access your email - or if you accidently delete any of your important emails, you may find yourself in a very crunching situation. Right?
Don't fret! If you are using Windows Live Mail 2011, you can actually backup all your emails easily and this article will show you how it's done.
6 steps to backing up windows live mail 2011
You will not need any additional software to backup your emails in Windows Live Mail 2011. There is a built-in feature that allows you to easily export your emails. Whether you are using an older version of Windows Live Mail or the newest version, you can export your emails in just few steps. Here is how you can do it:
1. First of all, you (naturally) have to launch Windows Live Mail 2011. In the top left corner, notice the Menu button; you need to click on it. Next, you need to click on "Export Mail" and then on "Email Messages".
2. You will get the Windows Live Mail Export Window that will ask you to select the format you want to export those emails to. You will see available formats like Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Windows Live Mail. Click on Microsoft Windows Live Mail to select it and then click on "Next".
3. You will be prompted to select a folder to store the exported messages. You have to click on the Browse button to choose the location where you want to save your exported files and then click on Next.
4. In this step, you will be asked to select the message folders where you would like Windows Live Mail to export. You can click on "All folders" to export all the message folders or you can click on "Selected folders" and then choose the folders you want to export by highlighting them and then by clicking on Next.
5. Now, Windows Live Mail will start exporting your messages. You can see the progress from the Export Messages window, including which folder is being exported at any moment and the number of messages that are getting exported. The entire process could take some time, depending on the number of messages to be exported.
6. Once the process of exporting messages is eventually completed, you can then go to the location where you exported your email messages to. Here you will see all your messages nicely organized in their respective folders.
What's even better: you can save this folder somewhere safe, to ensure your e-mails will never disappear no matter what. As you can see, it's a pretty straightforward process once you get you get used to doing it. With that in mind, make sure to do it every once in a while to ensure you keep your inbox data backed up!
If you enjoyed this post, please or
Web site and all contents © Copyright ComputerTooSlow.com 2011, All rights reserved.
Apple Macbook Pro battery A1175